Thank you to everyone who came out to our first annual Day of the Dead Festival! The weather was perfect and we had a ball. As director, I myself learned things about Dia de los Muertos that I did not know before. I am thankful to Maestra Monse for her guidance in helping plan this festival. It was a beautiful event and a great way to have fun with our preschool families and also to remember loved ones who have moved on.
A special thanks to:
- Monserrat Frederiksen for arranging the atole (traditional Mexican drink) and pan de muertos (bread of the dead)
- Tacos al Nene for setting up and serving the most amazing traditional tacos
- Kona Ice
- Mr. Twister for being a phenomenal balloon artist and meeting every child’s request
- Kelly of Funomenal Faces for her beautiful face paintings
- Asbrelle Alston for volunteering her time at the Dia de los Muertos Tattoo booth
- The Mellor Kids and Maestra Miry for helping at the flower making station
- Wow Factor of Wilmington for the super fun bounce house and slide
- To all of our parents for their unending support
We cannot wait to do it again next year. See more photos from the event on our Wilmington Bilingual Preschool Facebook page!